Open to everyone:
A weekly challenge that will leave you with 52 square inches of pure creativity!
This is a great exercise for those that don't have a minute to spare.
Imagine the end of the year....what will you create with your inchies???
How will you interpret the Inchie Word of the Week?
Create one square inch of art with anything, post it on your blog or Flickr
then leave a comment here with a link to your INCHIE.
An inch a week is all we ask...
but it's ok to miss a few
Every Inchie Monday began January 2, 2012 and we will continue it in 2022, a year with colours"
Would you like to join us?

Make your inchies out of anything!




Monday, February 26, 2018

Inchie Turkey


There’s still a lot of people who only know of Turkish Delight as the powdery white sweet
used by the White Witch to entice Edmund in The Chronicles of Narnia.
However, the confection has a long history and is one of Turkey’s most popular exports.
One of the oldest sweets in the world, going back almost 500 years,
the Turkish Delight recipe has remained almost unchanged since the day of its inception.
As the story goes, the Sultan, trying to cope with all his mistresses,
summoned his confectionary chefs and demanded the production of a unique dessert.
It was through this summon that the Turkish Delight was born.




4 comments:

  1. Turkish Delight has long been a favourite sweet of mine. When I lived in Sydney for a time I discovered a Turkish producer in Auburn along with a wonderful Turkish cafe...I visited Auburn frequently! Fortunately the Turkish Delight, in it's distinctive packaging is available all over Australia, so I can still enjoy it! Your inchie has made me long for some right now! Dix

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Turkish delight, as did my mum, it was always an easy gift to give her when we were very young. Great idea for your inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting info about the Turkish Delight. I have never had any but wish I could. Also love your inchie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My late husband introduced me to Turkish Delight. I had never heard of it before then. It is a very European desert. He opened my eyes to alot of foods that were not American. This was one of them. Thanks for the memory

    ReplyDelete